As one of the leading IT managed service providers in the tri state area, we rely on the personal relationships we build with our associates and the clients who depend on them. Everyone at TechSoft Systems is a valued associate who is recognized for their daily contributions.
At TechSoft Systems, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest people in the IT industry. We foster an atmosphere of teamwork and reward our people for the success they bring to TechSoft Systems and our clients.
We have three guiding principles that we refer to as the “3P’s”, that direct us in everything we do both internally and externally. We want to ‘Wow’ each other and our customers – and earn the right to be their IT Service Provider of Choice and the Employer of Choice for our staff:
For more details about each position, contact HR@techsoftsystems.com.
Department: Information Technology
TechSoft Systems, Inc. a rapidly growing Cincinnati based IT consulting firm is in search of a highly motivated and skilled IT professional with excellent customer service skills.
The Jr. Systems Administrator will be a part of a team who will assist with management and administration of assigned Client’s network. Tier 2 and tier 3 troubleshooting. Assist employees both internal and remote locations. Troubleshooting of desktop, laptop and mobile tablets. Assist with planning, specification, implementation, administration and maintenance of equipment services in WAN/LAN environment along with our Senior Systems Administrator. Knowledge of Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, and Exchange server management is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned to meet business needs)
- Server support and administration of Server 2008 and 2012 and Exchange 2010
- Proficient usage of virtualization tools with both Hyper V and VMware
- Monitors network equipment for proper operation (i.e. equipment malfunctions and performance degradation
- Performs upgrades and updates as needed on network components and performs additional duties and accepts other responsibilities as assigned
- Administration of routers, switches, wireless AP’s and firewalls
- Responsible for management of all hardware inventory, computer equipment and deployments
- Management of web filter content and web site controls
- Assist with documenting requirements for infrastructure monitoring and systems through assigned ticketing system
- Configure, manage and troubleshoot mobile tablet devices (Apple ipad, Surface Pro’s 2/3)
- Handle tier 2 and tier 3 escalation of desktop/laptop and tablet devices for end users
- Manages Email administration – MS Exchange –MS Office Applications –AVG antivirus —Router Config– TCP/IP Networking –Troubleshooting –back up software — and firewalls
- Effectively build and manage relationship with senior management with Client environment
- Effectively work with people and have strong written and verbal skills
- Install and move hardware as needed with regards to Clients’ business needs.
- Assist and Train End Users on basic and some complex software issues on their PC’s
- Some travel required between corporate site and client sites
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work collectively with the team and all associates
- Ability to work collectively with clients
- Windows 2000–Help Desk–Server Administration –Windows OS: NT, 2000/2003, XP – MCSE – MCP – CCNA
- 3+ years experience providing network support including network analysis, troubleshooting, and device configuration in a medium scale Cisco environment.
- Experience with IOS, Cisco Configuration Utilities, network monitoring software
- Experience configuring, monitoring and tuning WAN/LAN network devices to optimize network performance and assure network security.
- Experience in configuring Sonic Wall firewalls and SSL VPN appliance
- Experience using a protocol analyzer to identify and resolve network issues
Band: Tier 3 and/or senior engineer
The Systems Engineer will serve as a senior network administrator for the organization and will be responsible for ensuring best practices, consistency across all networks and an outstanding level of customer service. Providing leadership and mentoring to a team of field desktop and systems engineers that provides technical and IT support requirements at tier 1 or 2 troubleshooting for our Clients. Identifies, researches and resolves tier 3 technical problems and management of Client servers. Creates and manages escalation procedures and ensures service levels are maintained. Documents, tracks, and monitors problems to ensure resolution in a timely manner. Maintains own tickets and company network documentation. Experience working in a MSP environment is a plus.
Key Accountabilities (other duties may be assigned to meet business needs)
- Advanced networking services, such as fire walls, intrusion detection and prevention services, network security and SAN projects.
- Manage services located within TechSoft Systems Data Center. Perform troubleshooting and problem resolution on LANs and WANs
- Maintenance, installations, upgrades and administration of company and Client windows servers. Experience with virtual servers and working with both Hyper V and Vmware.
- Perform installations, upgrades, and migration projects with Microsoft’s suite of Server products (such as OS, Exchange, SBS, SQL) scaling from 3 to 10 servers or more
- Maintain and configure wireless AP’s, routers, switches .Hardware and software installation, migration and upgrades.
- VPN set up and configs and working knowledge of external DNS records
- Experience with Back -up solutions (on and off site) and data recovery. Shadow Protect, Datto and/or Intronis knowledge a plus.
- Work with field engineers to promote excellent customer service, effective response times, and provide effect insight into general support issues. Enforce quality of expected service delivery guidelines for dealing with customers, completing services and overall customer satisfaction.
- Develop relationships with key individuals and senior management within assigned customer groups.
- Identify and implement processes regarding how problems are identified received, documented, distributed and corrected.
- Project management, analysis, documentation, status calls and meetings. Project reporting and other assignments. Participate in pre-sales consultations and creation of technical designs and estimates
- Facilitate and manage IT product orders for assigned customer group for hardware and software orders with the procurement office.
- Train, coach and mentor DSE’s. Build and obtain technical materials for the team
- Schedule and oversee regular maintenance activities. Maintain inventory and tracking of all hardware and software, licensing and renewals for hardware, etc.
A successful candidate will have the following expertise and experience:
- Direct experience in sales of technical products or services, preferably in a consulting environment, to understand the market, financial, and business issues;
- Demonstrated success in developing new relationships with prospects and in converting those relationships into business opportunities for the Company
- Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with clients and colleagues and translate the issues identified into effective written letters, proposals, or presentations
- Driven self-starter with a proactive approach to serving professionals at all levels in a client-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate the value proposition, organizational strengths and capabilities of the services offered by TechSoft Systems, Inc.
- Working knowledge of External DNS records (i.e. A, MX, CNAME, etc)
- An understanding Microsoft Standard practices
- Strong network troubleshooting methods
- Working knowledge of LAN, WAN, and VPN setups
- MCSE certification (server, desktop infrastructure and/or Data platform)
- At least 5 years of technical experience
- Experience with Exchange and Active Directory
- Experience with Microsoft Windows virtual environments and P2V migrations
- Experience of being at the top of the escalation list and resolving complex issues
- Understanding of scripting, ability to write scripts, or willingness to learn, for RMM products like LabTech
- Sonic Fire wall or equivalent
Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to work independently, or with a team, Time/project management skills, High level of integrity and honesty. Self-motivated.
EOE. We provide a rich environment for learning, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.