As one of the leading IT managed service providers in the tri state area, we rely on the personal relationships we build with our associates and the clients who depend on them. Everyone at TechSoft Systems is a valued associate who is recognized for their daily contributions.
At TechSoft Systems, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest people in the IT industry. We foster an atmosphere of teamwork and reward our people for the success they bring to TechSoft Systems and our clients.
We have three guiding principles that we refer to as the “3P’s”, that direct us in everything we do both internally and externally. We want to ‘Wow’ each other and our customers – and earn the right to be their IT Service Provider of Choice and the Employer of Choice for our staff:
For more details about each position, contact HR@techsoftsystems.com.
Report To: Managing Director Band: Tier 2
The Systems Administrator will be a part of a team who will assist with management and administration of MSP Client’s network. Will resolve all Tier 2 and Tier 3 troubleshooting needs, assisting client employees & contractors at both client site and remote locations. Troubleshooting of desktop, laptop, and mobile devices. Assist with planning, specification, implementation, administration, and maintenance of equipment services in WAN/LAN environment along with our Senior Systems Administrator. Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, core networking protocols, various server technologies, virtualization, and cloud services is required. Have critical thinking and in-depth technical skills to provide technical sales support to the sales channels as well as to other IT support teams.
Key Accountabilities (other duties may be assigned to meet business needs)
- Server implementation, support, and administration of Server 2012 R2, 2016, and 2019 and most Windows Server Roles and Features
- Proficient usage of virtualization tools with both Hyper-V and VMware
- Proficient usage of cloud services such as Azure, AWS, Office 365, and Google Workplace
- Assist with the management of servers housing SQL Databases (primarily Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL/MariaDB)
- Utilizes monitoring software to monitor network equipment for proper operation (i.e., equipment malfunctions and performance degradation)
- Performs upgrades and updates as needed on network components and performs additional duties and accepts other responsibilities as assigned
- Administration of routers, switches, wireless access points and firewalls
- Responsible for management of hardware inventory, computer equipment, and deployment projects
- Management of web filter content and web site controls
- Assist with documenting changes to client systems using both ticketing system and client documentation system
- Configure, manage, and troubleshoot mobile devices (both iOS and Android)
- Handle tier 2 and tier 3 escalation of desktop/laptop and tablet devices for end users
- Advanced networking services, such as firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention services, network security, and SAN projects.
- Assist the Senior Systems Engineer with managing services located within TechSoft Systems Datacenter. Perform troubleshooting and problem resolution on LANs and WANs
- Gain deep understanding of all monitoring systems, their use-cases, and functionalities, and recommend and implement improvements to such systems
- Effectively build and manage relationship with senior management with Client environment
- Effectively work with people and have strong written and verbal skills
- Install and move hardware as needed with regards to Clients’ business needs.
- Assist and Train End Users on basic and some complex software issues on their PC’s
- Ability to communicate technical details in simple terms to end users and/or Customer employees while communicating deep technical details to peers and the Senior Systems Engineer
- Develop relationships with key individuals within customer groups.
- Identify and implement processes regarding how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected. Service delivery improvement
- Facilitate and manage IT product orders for assigned customer group for hardware and software orders with the procurement/finance office.
- Participate in a 7-day 24-hour on-call rotation.
- 5+ years in IT Support field including 3+ years in a role directly interacting with end users and/or working with core networking equipment and servers
- Experience with supporting Microsoft Windows 10 and macOS devices
- Experience with supporting iOS, iPadOS, and Android devices
- Experience with PowerShell Scripting to interact with Azure Active Directory, Active Directory, Microsoft Teams, and Microsoft Exchange
- Experience with Mobile Device Management systems & concepts, particularly Apple DEP, Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune), and/or Windows Autopilot
- Knowledge and understanding of core network protocols including DNS, DHCP, SMB, SNMP, SMTP, IPsec, and HTTPS/TLS-based VPN.
- Knowledge and understanding of virtualization and cloud providers
- Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Server and CLI-based Linux servers
- Experience using RMM tools to monitor, manage, and provide assistance to end-users
- Knowledge and understanding of the various products and services provided within the various Microsoft/Office 365 SKUs
- Understanding of the Microsoft cloud license provisioning process in an indirect CSP provider a plus.
- Prior experience with technical sales, IT consulting, and/or configuration and implementation of complex system requirements (i.e., medium-business size servers, complex licensing schemes) a plus.
- Prior experience with project management or technical project leadership a plus.
What you’ll need to succeed: (minimum qualifications/requirements)
- Reliable transportation. Some travel required between corporate site and client sites
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work collectively with the team and all associates
- Ability to work collectively with clients
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple deadlines
Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based jobs. Fully vaccinated is defined as 14 calendar days after your final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
EOE. We provide a rich environment for learning, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.